Monday, June 10, 2013

I've Got the Blues....


I have taken a huge leap; well huge for me. Have begun introducing blue to my decor repertoire that up until now has always/only included orange, pink & green. Being the chicken that I am began in a quiet corner in my breezeway as this was not easy for moi to embrace. Fast approaching 60 had decided it was time to step out of my comfort zone & decided that adding blue into my decor was on my Bucket List. Now or never....  Not sure whatheheck took me so long as I am so digging the over sized blue porcelain temple jardiniere against the lily pad painting.  Combo of blues & black go snap, crackle, pop against the perky Thibaut wallpaper; Thai Ikat in Apple Green.


Got so carried away I painted my ceilings in a pretty pale blue called Jack Frost. That is it peeking out above the wallpaper. It works from room to room going from a soft blue, green in some parts of the house to a gray blue in rooms where there is less light. I gotta' tell you  ~ I LOVE IT!!!


Being limited in the blue department my sister who is a true blue aficionado came to my rescue & lent me some porcelain pieces from her vast collection. I am quickly becoming a convert ~ how cute is that elephant??? These are perched in front of a painting I had commissioned of my hometown by the amazing Kyle Highsmith. More on Kyle to come!


Jennifer @ The Pink Pagoda is the driving force for drawing me into the blue movement. Once I started following her gorgeous blog I became captivated with how blue works so effortlessly with my tried & true fav colors orange, pink & green.
The Pink Pagoda Navy Walls
Pop over & see what Jennifer is up to; she is one busy lady with her prints, porcelain & so much more! I am busy working on my porch which really makes a navy statement. Hope to have the reveal done by the end of the month.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out, Paige! I think the blue and white works BEAUTIFULLY with your things! To me it really works almost like a neutral. Meaning that it works with everything. You're really taking some risks over there : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX Jennifer! This is the small steps. I have incorporated navy using fabrics on the porch.

      Delete
  2. Junell, everything looks FABULOUS!!! I too am bound and determined, thanks to Jennifer!, to add more blue and white in my life... I love all of the pieces your sister let you borrow! That Thibaut wallpaper is gorgeous, and your paintings are amazing! Can't wait to see more!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You home is stunning. I wish you would give a full tour. Jennifer is the reason I became a blue fan, too. I love it with green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Window treatments are starting to arrive which means rooms are finally coming together. Will show complete rooms as we install. Jennifer is such an inspiration & you are too my friend!

      Delete
  4. Just the perfect pops of blue and white and your artwork...stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Junell, hun, it's working, it's working! Can't wait to see the whole shebang! xo Frances www.FrancesSchultz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX Sweetie! I was at an awesome estate sale yesterday in RAWlee on St. Mary's St.

      Delete
  6. The blue looks amazing with green paper and the painting. I think you and blue are going to be very happy together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX! I always love how well you use green.

      Delete
  7. Every spot looks lovely! Love the blue ceilings. Love the painting by Kyle Highsmith! Can't wait to see the porch update!

    ReplyDelete

Thx for stopping by ~ Come on tawk to me..... let it all out!